The film premiered at the FOKAL Cultural Centre, Port-au-Prince, on June 2nd, 2017 and was followed by a screening at the Université d’Etat d’Haiti on June 5th. The European premiere was held at the Royal Irish Academy, Dublin, June 22nd, 2017.
Webinar on The Law and Practice of Peacekeeping: Foregrounding Human Rights, Cambridge University Press, 2021.
Authors: Rosa Freedman, Nicolas Lemay-Hébert, Siobhán Wills
Discussant: Nigel White
This book presents a unique multi-disciplinary analysis of the legacy of MINUSTAH for Haiti. It presents an innovative account of contemporary international peacekeeping law and practice, arguing for a new model of accountability, going beyond the outdated immunity mechanisms to foreground human rights.
Panel discussion after the screening at the Human Rights Council Session side event, Geneva, July 3rd, 2018. Panellists are L-R Professor David Kretzmer, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and former vice chair of the UN Human Rights Committee; Siobhán Wills, Professor of Law at Ulster University; Manon Karatas, International Human Rights Federations; and Rosie Auguste, National Human Rights Defence Network (Haiti).
Panel discussion after the film premiere in FOKAL Cultural Centre, Port-au-Prince, with film participants Professor Ilionor Louis and survivor Evelyn Myrtle.
Post-screening panel discussion at the Royal Irish Academy, Dublin (June 22nd, 2017). Left to Right: Professor Conor Gearty (London School of Economics and Political Science), Dr Dug Cubie – Chair (University College Cork), Professor Siobhán Wills (Ulster University), Professor Aoife Nolan (University of Nottingham), Professor Siobhán Mullally (National University of Ireland Galway).
Siobhán Wills and Adam Day, Senior Policy Advisor United Nations University, discussing It Stays With You at the United Nations University, Tokyo, 15 November 2017
TVO’s Nam Kiwanuka interviews co-director, Cahal McLaughlin, after the screening of ISWY at Toronto’s Caribbean Tours Film Festival, Oct 1, 2018.
Best Director award at the Respect Human Rights Film Festival, Belfast, August 2018. Left to Right – Séan Murray (festival director), Siobhán Wills and Cahal McLaughlin
- Distribute Virtual Film Festival, Society for Cultural Anthropology and Society for Visual Anthropology Biennial Conference, 7-14 May
- Tenemos Que Ver, 8th Festival Internacional de Cine y Derechos Humanos de Uruguay, Montevideo, 19 June
- Maré Arts Centre, Rio de Janeiro, 14 October
- Group comprising UNEAFRO, Coalizão Negra por Direitos e Tamires Sampaio, Students Moviment, Black Moviment and Instituto Lula, Sao Paulo, 19 October
- CINUSP, University of Sao Paulo, 21 October – Watch the panel discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOmo1tbsPU
- Global Humanities Institute, Columbia Global Center, Rio de Janeiro, 10 December
- Bonavero Institute of Human Rights, Oxford University, 5 February, 2018
- Law School, Queens University Belfast, 14 February, 2018
- University College Cork, 23 February, 2018
- Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, 12 March, 2018
- The Past and Future of Rights Cinema, Birkbeck University of London, 17 March, 2018
- The Caribbean Tales Film Festival, Toronto, Canada, 10 September, 2018
- UN Human Rights Council Side Event, Palais des Nations, Geneva, 3 July, 2018
- University of Melbourne, 30 August, 2018.
- Australia National University, Canberra, 5 September, 2018.
- FOKAL Soros Foundation Cultural Centre, Port-au-Prince, June 2nd, 2017
- State University of Haiti, June 5th, 2017
- Royal Irish Academy, Dublin, June 22nd, 2017
- Centre for Justice and Global Rights, NYU, Oct 30th, 6.30pm (http://chrgj.org/event/it-stays-with-you-use-of-force-by-un-peacekeepers-in-haiti-film-screening-conversation/)
- Haitian Studies Association’s 29th Annual Conference, New Orleans, Nov 4th, 2017
- University of Alabama, Nov 7th, 2017
- United Nations University, Nov 15th, 2017
- Foyle Film Festival, Museum of Free Derry, Derry, Nov 22nd, 2017
- Queens Film Theatre, Belfast, Nov 23rd, 2017, 6.30pm
- United Nations University, Tokyo, 15 November 2017